Monday, November 3, 2008

Theology of the Body (TOB)

I have not read the Theology of the Body by John Paul II or TOB explained by Christopher West. I have, however, seen the talks West gave about the Theology of the Body and just started reading TOB for Teens by Jason & Crystalina Evert and Brian Butler. I am a huge fan of Jason Evert's so I decided to buy the book, which is actually a workbook that came in the mail to me late last week.

Anyway, one of my favorite things about Theology of the Body is that it strives to answer and help others answer the questions of "Who am I? What is my purpose in life? What is love all about?" Every single person has a desire to know the answers to those questions. The question of "Who am I?" is probably one of the toughest questions to answer because it means we have to look at ourselves: our faults, our gifts, our charisms, where we came from, what inspires us, how we fail, what brings us joy, what angers us. It is only until we know ourselves that we can come to know others and come to know God more as well.

No comments: